Monday, May 27, 2019

Light is beaming off my husband's head. Kevin Callan says so anyhow. A little background for you. My husband is at Canoecopia 2019 on opening night without me and he buys a canoe. He's been talking about doing this and saving up for this for a few years now. He has just made this purchase and he is super pumped with excitement and who should he run into? Happy Camper Kevin Callan with a camera. So Kevin Callan makes this video and cannot help but notice my husband is so excited there is light beaming from his head. This was in March.





Link to Kevin Callan's Video

Well now it's May and I am the one getting so excited light is beaming out of my head. Why? Because we are getting ready to take my husband's new baby out for its first canoe camping trip ever. This calls for a celebration, so I am planning a back country menu designed to keep my family in smiles. Let me tell you about the menu. First, there is a video reviewing our food for 3 people for a 4 day canoe trip. Below the video, is a sample menu.



Video featuring the food for our 3 person 4 day canoe trip.


Sample Menu:



Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Day 1
On road
Cheese, jerky, trail mix, granola bars, nuts, dehydrated fruit
Pizza
Day 2
Bacon, bagels, cheese, PB&J
Bbq mashed potato, beans, beef, pineapple
Beef stroganoff, peas, apple sauce
Day 3
Bacon, hashbrowns
Chili & Fritos with cornbead, applesauce
Loaded potato soup w/bacon bits and cheesy garlic biscuits, strawberry puree and angel food cake
Day 4
Bacon, chocolate chip pancakes
Cheese, beef-bacon sausages, trail mix, granola bars, nuts, dehydrated fruit
On road

Spare: Oatmeal, pecans, dehydrated fruit


Condiments
Snacks
Sides:
Ketchup
Granola Bars
Peas
Syrup
Trail Mix
Applesauce
Butter
M&Ms
Pineapple
Cooking Oil
Jerky
Angel cake w/strawberries
Crushed Red Peppers
Spare cheese
Blueberries
Salt & Pepper
Cashews

Hot Sauce
Beef/bacon sausage

PB&J
Drinks

Soy/Oil
Nuun

Clarified Butter
Gatorade

Nutella?
Cocoa / Chicken Soup



I hope you find this menu useful and helpful. At the minimum, I hope you've gained some ideas for a future trip of your own. 

That's all for now. Let's get outdoors and keep our wild places wild!





No comments:

Post a Comment